Saturday 3 January 2015

Reviving bricked Tengda Z2

Hey guys,

so I wanted to try reflashing my Tengda Z2 ROM using Star Z2 ROM and bricked my phone. Here is the post I wrote on XDA. I'm reposting it here so there are more sources available for people with the same problem I had. Use it on your own risk, but if you follow everything and search for more help on Google, there shouldn't be any risk. And honestly, what is in the risk while reviving a dead smartphone. You will either end up with working phone, or it will stay bricked. MTK based phones are almost never 100% dead, so there is always a chance of reviving it if you'll find all the needed files for it.


This ROM ( bit.ly/TengdaZ2ROM ) is actually a backup I found on 4pda.ru after I bricked my Tengda Z2 phone using the Star Z2 ROM I found here. It can be flashed using SP flash tool v5 or higher.

Another ROM link: http://www.needrom.com/download/tengda-z2-rom-backup/

There are two (or maybe even more?) versions of this phone. One has 1280x720p LCD and the second one (the one I received from Pandawill... sadly) has only 854x480p LCD... That's the reason why any Star Z2 ROM may brick your Tengda Z2. It's actually not bricked, but the Star Z2 has different LCD driver, so it's LCD is blank after flashing it.

Because it's someone's backup, use recovery or your Tengda's menu to perform data wipe/factory reset. I had wifi issue (there was no mac adress in my phone after flashing it), but the factory settings solved it.

There may also be a problem with your IMEI number, in that case, write your IMEI numbers down on a paper and then use this way to change them:

Get MTKDroidTools, use them to root your phone and installing the Mobile Uncle Tools (using the SuperUser button in MTKDroidTools) in your Tengda Z2. There is a plenty of howto's on the net or YouTube so I'm not going to write the whole process. It's really easy. When you're in the MTKDroidTools, I also recommned you to use "delete chinnese files" button, It will make your phone work smoother.

Then use this method (coppied from XDA, can't find the original thread so sorry):

1- Rooted MTK Smartphone
2- Mobile Uncle Tools from Google play store.
3- Install it and goto Engineer Mode
4- Select Engineer mode[MTK]
5- Under Connectivity Tab go to CDS information
6- Select Radio Information
7- Select Phone1 (for the first imei)
8- at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,7,”IMEI_1″ (instead of IMEI_1 put your first imei number)
9- hit send command
10- You will / may get a confirmation that "sent to mSend".
11-Now come back and select “Phone2″
12-at the top there is a command line which begins “AT+” just type there “AT +EGMR=1,10,”IMEI_2″ (instead of IMEI_2 put your second imei number)
13-Then just reboot the phone.
14-Dial ” *#06#” to Check Imei.

That's all, your phone should be working as before, or even better if you use the delete chinese files in MTKDroidTools ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment